Last updated: October 11th, 2021
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect the following categories of personal information from you:
- Contact information, including name, email address, street or mailing address and telephone or mobile phone number;
- Billing information, including billing address, order details and other commercial information;
- Demographic information, including age, date of birth, gender, interests, country and zip code;
- Unique identifiers, including user name and password;
- Preference and other information, including product wish lists, order history and marketing & music preferences;
- Geolocation information, including your actual or approximate location (for example, from the IP address of your device or computer);
- Photos and videos that you submit on our Sites;
- Internet and other electronic network activity.
We or one of our trusted partners may use this information for the following business purposes:
- Send you requested updates and newsletters about an artist, type of music or related special offers;
- Send you requested product or service information;
- Send a one-time email or e-card to your friends upon your request when you provide their email address;
- Fulfill your order;
- Send you an order confirmation;
- Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns;
- Administer your account, including managing your preference center;
- Process information submitted with a job application;
- Send you marketing communications;
- Administer promotions and sweepstakes you enter and notify you of the results;
- Improve our marketing efforts;
- Maintain and improve our Sites, content, products and services;
- Conduct research and analysis;
- Display or promote content based upon your location and/or interests;
- Provide location services such as "tagging" and "check-in";
- Maintain the security and effective functioning of our Sites and your accounts;
- Address our compliance and legal obligations and exercise our legal rights.
When you provide us with personal information about your contacts we will only use this information for the specific purpose for which it is provided.
If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please send an electronic message to privacy[at]deadminer.com
Other sources of information
We may receive information about you from other sources and may combine this data with information we already have about you, including:
- Artists: such as marketing data from a new or partnering artist that is integrated with information we already have about you to create a more tailored fan experience;
- Business Partners: such as contest providers and other promotional partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and others who enable sign-on functionality and social network integration;
- Publicly-available databases;
- Other Applications: such as music/video streaming sites and social media platforms; and
- Digital Service Providers: if you choose to use features on our Sites (such as pre-save campaigns) that connect to your online profiles or social media accounts, we may collect any information that you permit through your settings on those connected accounts.
This information helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers and provide content and services that may be of interest to you.
Monitoring and fraud prevention
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active and as needed to provide you services. We will use and retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Social networks and online communities
You may purchase artists’ music or merchandise from some of our Site(s) or our Artists’ Site(s), in which case you will be directed to an externally hosted web page or site to complete your transaction. These sites will be clearly identified and link to their own privacy policies so you know which company is collecting your personal information. You should refer to those policies for any privacy-related concerns regarding your purchase.
We may also share your personal information:
- With Deadminer affiliates and representatives of our current recording artists;
- With affiliated Deadminer companies (i.e. any company in which Deadminer owns, directly or indirectly, 50% or more; of its outstanding shares and any company with the name "Deadminer" as part of its trade name)
- With reputable partners in whose products or services we think you may have an interest, with your prior consent to do so;
- With representatives of former recording artists, who will be advised in advance that your consent is required for continued use;
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request;
- In connection with a corporate change including a merger, acquisition or sale of assets;
- To any other party with your prior consent to do so.
Choice of opt-out
Email and Newsletter Preferences
You may choose to stop receiving newsletters, updates or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in such emails. Some Sites also allow you to change your email preferences within your online profile or by contacting us.
If you choose to join a mobile marketing list, please be aware that there are usually costs associated with receiving SMS (text) or MMS (multimedia) messages depending on your wireless carrier and plan. You should check with your mobile carrier to determine what charges apply before signing up to receive our updates via your mobile phone. If you would like to stop receiving messages from us on your mobile phone, please reply to the message with “STOP.” You may also contact your wireless carrier for additional information on receiving or stopping mobile messages.
We may also send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device or application level, as applicable. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
If you have previously enabled your computer or mobile device to send us location information, you may be able to opt-out from further allowing us to access such information by changing the settings on your computer or mobile device or by uninstalling the application.
In some of our email messages, we use "click-through URLs" or pixel tags to determine whether the email has been opened and to measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. This data may also be used to gauge your interest in particular topics, so we can deliver a more relevant, personal and convenient user-experience.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using industry accepted security practices. If you choose to use another company’s payment option to pay for your order, its privacy statement and security practices will apply to your information. We encourage you to read that privacy statement before providing your information.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and after receipt. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us.
Accessing/updating your information
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information.
Our Sites may offer different methods for updating your personal information. To review and update your personal information on artist marketing Sites, please log in to your profile/account on each Site where you have registered. If the Site does not have a profile/account page, you may review and update your personal information by sending a message to privacy[at]deadminer.com
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us writing to privacy[at]deadminer.com. We will respond to your requests within a reasonable timeframe.
Consent to processing
Our Sites are hosted in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using our Sites, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
Children – We do not knowingly collect or attempt to collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you feel that we have unknowingly collected information from someone under the age of 13, please contact us immediately and this information will be removed.
For more information on how to protect your children online please visit: www.onguardonline.gov
Changes to this policy